Saturday, December 23, 2006

Where the brave dare not go...

Yep, on the Eve of the Eve, we had to go shopping! With all that has been going on in our lives, we just had not finished. And it wasn't like we were missing a little thing here and there. Nope, these were key things we needed for the kids. So off we go to various stores in the area.

And what one word would describe our experience? Waiting. Waiting in line through numerous light changes to get through an intersection. Waiting for a parking place while folks who are leaving fumble for their keys and their cell phone and their seat belt. Waiting for enough room to push our carriage in the aisles of the stores. Waiting in line to check out. Waiting.

Through it all, store employees were in remarkably good spirits. And most shoppers seemed to be in pretty good moods. In fact, only once did we feel enough stress to momentarily 'go to our happy place' in our heads! So the waiting did not turn it into a bad experience.

But don't get me wrong. That does not mean I wanna go again tomorrow!! Not a chance! Our only outing tomorrow will be the Christmas Eve service at our church tomorrow night. Other than that, I'm ready for egg nog, cookies, and hanging out with my wife and kids.

I've been waiting for that for too long!

3 comments:

Baron Ectar said...

ughhh I went out last night and let me say - if I even mention I will go to the store today to a breathing soul - I want them to cut my head off with a dull sword.

Merry Christmas.

Abby said...

Wow, you are brave. I did make a quick grocery run yesterday. That was bad enough!

Oh, and yes Virginia... er... Em, there is a milkman.

Merry Christmas!

Joshua said...

Sir I hope your family had a very Merry Christmas.

Yeah, I don't even what to know what it was like shopping on the 23rd. Something I can do with out right now. Glad it didn't go that bad.