Nancy tagged me to share six weird things about me. This is my first time to be tagged. It's kind of exciting, I'll admit. Perhaps Nancy just needed to find six people who had not already done this meme. But I want to think she made a careful selection from among some of her favorite blogs. So while others may moan about being tagged, I feel oddly giddy. A virgin experience. In fact, I think I'm looking forward to this enough that this alone qualifies as #1.
2. Not sure if this is weird or just an intense fear, but I have an unreasonable aversion to snakes. All snakes. Teeny, tiny snakes are as frightening as giant ones. But it isn't just that I don't want to hold them or walk among them. No, I don't even want to see a picture of one. If I'm reading a magazine and turn the page to find a picture of a snake, I get a huge surge of fear. As you can imagine, commercials for the movie Snakes On A Plane almost made me stop watching TV for a while.
3. I went snow skiing one time in my life. In high school, while living in Mississippi, a group of us went to Colorado to ski. I knew nothing of skiing. It looked pretty easy on TV. If they could do moguls and jumps and all that, surely I could slide down the hill. Wrong. I spent the first couple of hours on the bunny hill, feeling silly and falling. And then I got talked into going to the top. What was I thinking? I fell down about 486 times in the first 20 yards or so. My friends tried to help me. Strangers tried to help me. I thought perhaps I could just sit down and scoot to the bottom. Do you realize how far the bottom is from the top? Well, scooting wasn't gonna work. Eventually they sent some rescue boy with a little stretcher who strapped me in and skied down the hill with me sliding behind him. I felt stupid and relieved. And spent the rest of the trip playing poker in the hotel.
4. I love eating potato chips. This is my junk food weakness. And I never realized I had a little ritual about it till people at work starting imitating me. Apparently I select one chip at a time, eat that one chip, lick the tip of each finger that was holding the chip, then wipe my hand on my pants. Then start over with chip #2. I see nothing weird about that...but others do!
5. I have way more women friends than men friends. I don't think of this as weird, but my wife assures me it is at least unusual. Maybe it is because I'm a teacher and work in a building populated primarily by professional women. Maybe it is because I grew up in the south where the majority of men only stopped working on their trucks long enough to hunt....and I know nothing of trucks or motors and can't stand the idea of hunting. I do pump my own gas but that's the extent of my motor car know-how. And I shot a bird one time with a BB gun and then cried when I had to shoot it a second time to kill it so it wouldn't suffer. I don't know the reason. But yeah, more women friends than men friends. Just saying.
6. I'm gonna count this as #6 cause it is driving me crazy...and that is probably weird. I'm supposed to tag six more people. But who? Even should I? Some people don't tag...they just invite anyone who wants to continue. But others tag because that is the rules of the game. Well, I'm very rule-governed. But I don't want to impose a burden. I didn't feel burdened at all by this, but perhaps others do? In an effort to appease all parts of my brain, I'll split the difference and tag three people. And I think the struggle over this whole thing is pretty weird! LOL
Okay....three others to take a crack at it...Tom and his cake of doom, Abby (between classes), and my friend Jill who probably wants to share six weird things like she wants more snow in Texas! My apologies if I've burdened you, but these things do have rules! :)