The Joys & Trials meme works like this...
- You have to use your own belief system for the meme. No fair using someone else’s to make a joke or satire. Being humorous about your own religion is encouraged!
- You have to have at least one joy and one trial. More are encouraged. And no, they don’t have to be equal in length, but please be honest.
- You have to tag at least one other person. More are appreciated!
- Please post these rules!
- I like that my spirituality connects me strongly with nature, the cycles of the earth, the changing of the seasons.
- I like that I have the freedom to make my own decisions and choices about how I view and interact with the divine.
- I like the sense of mystery and magic.
- I like that some rituals can be traced back for hundreds of years, and yet, can still be individualized and personalized - making them most special for me while connecting me with the past.
- I like that my family loves celebrating some of the holidays - particularly Samhain and Yule.
- It is a bit lonely to follow a spiritual path when there are no others around who follow the same path.
- Having grown up in a very rigid and rule-governed religion, there is sometimes a sense of a lack of direction as there is no leader or minister to guide my practice.
- Having come to this pathway late in life, I often feel there is so much to learn and so little time.
- Holidays can fall at the most inopportune times since they relate to seasons, phases of the moon, etc. It is not always easy to celebrate on a school night. LOL
- The names chosen by some practicing members can be very off-putting.