Friday, April 27, 2007

Who's Your Daddy!

Two blogs that I read all the time are Oh, The Joys and Attack of the Redneck Mommy. Both of these women are very funny. Both are great writers. And both have been nominated for the Hottest Mommy Blogger Award. This is a well deserved honor for both of these fine young women. They both have their photos on their blogs. And I'm quite impressed. They both have hair. They have their own teeth - at least in the front. Two eyes. A nice smile. Okay, seriously, I would call these women hot. And they are both moms. And they both blog. So they meet every qualification.

With that in mind, I jumped right over there and voted for both of them. In fact, Redneck Mommy has made a promise that if she wins, she will actually post a naked photo of herself on her blog. So I voted for her more than once. A LOT more than once. But that's just the kind of supportive guy I am.

But here is the surprising part of all this. Oh, The Joys nominated me for...(drum roll, please)...



I know...we're all surprised! I think she was just being nice and making sure some other folks got nominated. And I appreciate that. But Hottest Daddy? Seriously???

Like I pointed out, she has her photo on her blog. More than once. We can see her degree of hotness. I have no photo of myself. Never have. If a picture is worth a thousand words, this is a case where the lack of a photo was worth even more! She was left to draw her conclusions on my hotness quotient based merely on my right wrist.

Though, now that I look at it, it is a mighty handsome looking wrist. Mine is the one coming into the profile photo at about the 4:30 position. And if you look closely, you'll see it has a nice definition. Slender without appearing emaciated. Creamy complexion without being deathly pale. And just enough hair to look manly without even coming close to crossing over into Sasquatch territory. It's not bad for a 50-year-old wrist. In fact, that might be the best looking wrist I've seen all day!

Thanks for the nomination! Oh, The Joys and I are probably the only two votes I'll ever get. And that's okay. I know it is hard to vote for me as being hot without seeing me. Trust me, it would be even harder to vote for me if you did see me!

But just wait for them to come up with a Hottest Wrist Award. That one will be all mine!!!

31 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Actually, the nomination shows that "hot" isn't a physical state--it's all about humor and intellect and all those things we get to read in your posts every week!

Well nominated, indeed.

Leigh said...

it more than likely does not matter at this point but I dont care if you read my older posts...I wouldn't have posted them if I wasn't comfotable with people readin them soooo....you have my permission i guess...I'll continue to keep an eye on your blog 'cause you look like a pretty cool person to me.

ramblingwoman said...

How nice to be nominated for something! Are you feeling the pressure now? (Is it a bit like homework now, or marking? - hahah).

Putting a picture of oneself is scary isn't it? I didn't put a picture of myself on mine for ages and when I did you notice it's the 'Lady Diana' pose to minimize chins and wrinkles!

EsLocura said...

There is nothing I love more than a good looking wrist. Wrists are so under rated. Imagine what would happens to our hands without the use of a wrist. I for one would never be able to effectively do shadow puppets, so I am voting for you.

Chicky Pea said...

Em - I have had many an impure thought while pondering your wrist. I was naked, while doing so, of course. If only you had called me on the phone, the picture would be complete. :-)

Sheila said...

three cheers for the "hot" mommas! Putting pictures of yourself up is very scary and you automatically become insanely critical.... but I got over that really fast! haha have a nice weekend.

Rainbow dreams said...

Hey hotdaddy, thats a great wrist there :) but I am guessing you didn't just get nominated for your wrist but al the other aspects of you that ooze out of your writing here..
and voting on the premise of a naked photo opportunity... lol...shameful behaviour to admit to !!! ;) I note you're not following suit....

Kismet said...

Oh you are def a contender.
I have no doubt you will win that.
Think I'll go vote now.


~K!

Star said...

"hot" is more than skin deep. Although that wrist, hubba hubba!

Bardouble29 said...

You never cease to make my laugh...

Attila The Mom said...

Yes, that wrist is very very hot!

Congrats on your nomination!!

A wildlife gardener said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's all in the mind, you know!

Logophile said...

I am so voting for you in the wrist catagory, just keep me informed. I am here to support you.
I've said before on my blog that I think my best physical traits are my spleen and the bed of right thumbnail. It can be hard for those of us who are attractive in non-traditional ways
:p

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

Congratulations!

And you are right, you should have the Hottest Wrist Award all wrapped up no problem!

Oh, The Joys said...

Your wrist and your writing are both SMOKIN'!

Best,
OTJ

Elle said...

LOL - hey I think it's great!!!!!!! Nothing like a total package - I'm sure your wife is winking at you right now!

Redneck Mommy said...

EM!!!

You got it all back-ass-wards! It is my HUSBAND who promised to post naked pics if I win. I merely agreed to post his wager to illustrate the point that not everybody finds me hot.

Sheesh.

If I win, I'm gonna kick your ass. Especially if I find out you've been oogling said naked pictures of me.

That said, I'm so voting for you. I have a thing with a man and his wrist.

Pendullum said...

i am going to check it out!!!
You hot wristed daddy you!!!

Em said...

You guys are great! For those of you who have swooned over my wrist, I thank you. :)

Oh...Redneck Mommy...sorry about the confusion there. You know I would only look at your pics in a very respectful manner. Sorta.

Dorky Dad said...

Congrats! I voted for you, but please don't post any naked pictures of yourself. Your wrist is fine.

velvet girl said...

That is a hot wrist. I'd vote for you if you promised to post a picture of your wrist naked if you won. ;)

Jenster said...

That is some sexy kind of wrist!!!

Congrats on the nomination!

Kati said...

Hey Em!!! Stopping by to wish y'all a Blessed Beltain. Hope y'all have got sunny weather today and get a chance to get out & enjoy it!

CS said...

Did you ever see the movie "Angels and Insects?" Takes place turn-of-the-century or thereabouts. In one scene the guy, who has watched a woman drawing, is declaring his intense awareness of her physical presence by saying hoarsely, "I have seen your wrist." So, yeah, I get it.

Trish said...

Good call...you deserve it !

liv said...

I'll go vote for you, if you'll go vote for me! You'll find me under Hottest Mommy Blogger----yep, you guessed it! Jess is up to her tricks again!

Melody said...

Hehehe... That's one hell of a sexy wrist... hehehe

Wendz said...

Now let me tell you - I have a hand fetish. And that is one seriously hot hand....so you should win. Def def. ;)

Anyway just wanted to say I am back in Blog Land and now need to read all your posts - well the new ones that is. Obviously.

Chelle said...

I dunno.....I guess I have a whole different view on "blogger awards" than everyone else. Not that your writing doesn't deserve it......

Ruth Dynamite said...

Sizzling wrist! You've got my vote!

lizza said...

Congrats!

Betcha the male wrist appeals to women the same way a woman's ankle used to stir male fantasies. :-D